In today’s’ business environment, some digital media tools like Websites & Social media accounts on all major platforms are essential to our business growth and most people already have them. But a lot of people do everything right and still do not see results.
You might have your online presence properly setup and steady ongoing upload of contents and business materials by the day. Still, you do not get reasonable traffic to your site and you do not make sales.
The truth of the matter is that it’s tougher than ever to get your content noticed. The re-engineering of search results pages has further obscured content organically, especially on competitive commercial searches.
Posting and distribution of your contents by yourself (organic reach) will hardly produce results for you anymore. 50% of all your contents and materials will most likely get zero shares and less than 0.1% will be shared more than 1,000 times. Facebook even announced recently that you’re less likely to get your content in front of people who aren’t related to you. So if the people who are already your friends and followers on your social media platforms are the only people who see your posts and business materials all the time, how in the world do you intend to improve your business with social media engagements?
Below here is how people think business marketing on social media works:
- Create new business material or content.
- Share your content on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.).
- And then, people buy your stuff.
There’s a 99% chance that this may never happen because consumers purchase pattern is never a straight line. It actually requires a lot of planning, resources and time to get customers to purchase your items or business services.
The secret behind successful online activities is simple.
TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE (DIGITAL MEDIA / SOCIAL MEDIA), YOU NEED TO ENGAGE YOUR CONSUMERS WITH PAID ADVERTISING. If you don’t, you will end up wasting your time.
Social media advertising provide the most scalable content promotion and are proven to turn visitors into leads and customers.
A more realistic and prospective process for content marketing would look like this:
- Create: Produce content & business information. Then share it on social media.
- Boost: Promote carefully selected amount of your top content on social media.
- Tag: Build your remarketing audience by tagging site visitors with a cookie.
- Filter: Apply demographic and behavioural filters on your audience.
- Remarket: Remarket to your audience with social ads, display ads, and Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSA) to promote offers.
- Convert: Capture qualified leads or sale.
- Repeat: Process all over again.
Mobile phone users are already checking Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and/or Pinterest multiple times a day, so advertising to them while they’re within those apps is the best way to reach them without being disruptive.
Social media advertising helps businesses find new potential customers by using users’ their own recognised activities on their devices and their shared information to identify their sole interests. Instead of you just targeting users who search certain items or words, ==social media advertising== directly helps you targets relevant users even before they start their search.
Your digital media management team should be explaining the following terms and how powerful they are to you.
- Advanced targeting options
- Reliable conversion tracking
- Mobile devices relevance and targeting
SOME TRUE FACTS!
- More than 50% mobile of phone users globally will have smartphones by 2018.
- Two-thirds of social media advertising spend is forecasted to go towards mobile ads in 2018.
- This will create a $9.1 billion market for from mobile phone users.
- Social media advertising on mobile is a potential growth market in the next three years.
- According to Social Media Examiner, 97% of marketers are currently participating in social media—but 85% of participants aren’t sure what social media tools are the best to use.
- According to Hubspot, 92% of marketers in 2014 claimed that social media marketing was important for their business, with 80% indicating their efforts increased traffic to their websites.
3 ADVANTAGES OF SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERTISING
- More Opportunities to Convert: Boosting (Advertising) website content exposes you to more than 500% wider audience than you already have. Every business page, service description, blog post, image, video, or comment you share provides you with a chance to react with a prospect and every reaction could lead to a web section visit, and eventually a conversion.
- Increased Brand Recognition: The more you Boost(Advertise) you website contents(business page, service description, blog post, image, video) and increase your visibility, the more you begin to stamp yourself as an authority to a larger audience. Your social media accounts are more channels for your brand’s voice and content. This makes existing customer recognise you easily and new customers get to know more of you easily.
- Brand Loyalty Improvement: Social media advertising increases your visibility with lesser effort. Brands that engage more on social media channels enjoy higher loyalty from their customers. Consistent monitoring of brands’ activities converts followers to loyalists.
3 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TRYING OUT SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- Social Media Strategy: Every social media advertising campaign must be targeted at a certain goal. It is this goal that will makes it easy for you to monitor your return on investment (ROI). A properly marked out social media plan/strategy is essential.
- Branding: A consistent brand identity across all platforms makes it easier for audience to recognise you and continue their consumer enlightenment about your brand and services.
- Know your platform: Do not sell sand in the desert. Every social media platforms has its area of focus.
- Facebook business pages helps as a good customer relations tool. It can be used as a conversation platform with audiences by posting industry-related articles, images, videos, etc.
- LinkedIn: This is a professional fraternisation platform.
- Instagram: This can be effectively used to engage younger audience & brand loyalists
- Tweeter: Follow tweeters in your industry or related fields; gain a steady stream of followers in return.
- YouTube: Entertainment & instructional videos for business can produce exceptional results.
Social media paid advertising is a very effective way to boost your business sales because it is a highly cost-effective way to expand your reach.